A new word for the English language

While in Germany, someone asked me, being a native English speaker (and a native:) for a word describing the situation when a magician makes a rabbit pop out of his hat, or causes something to disappear. Apparently, German has such a word. It was in the context of a car maker revealing it’s new vehcile. The best I could think of was ‘unfurl’, or ‘reveal’, or ‘the magician makes the rabbit pop out of the hat’. But the latter is not really a word, issit? And the others don’t quite capture the intent, do they?

So, I thought a more appropriate term when wanting to describe an an anologue to the magician making a rabbit pop out of his hat is: to ‘Geller’ it. Named after Uri Geller (is he even a magician?). Or to ‘Copperfield’ or ‘Blaine’ it. Get the idea?


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: